Rathdrum, incorporated as a city in 1861, is located in Kootenai County, Idaho on the Rathdrum Prairie. It is one of Idaho's oldest towns and has a population of 7,533 people. The city is surrounded by mountains, and although it is all about small town living, it is only minutes away from big cities.
The schools in Rathdrum, Idaho are part of the Lakeland Joint School District, which has been ranked as Idaho's number one school district by Niche.com. It is recognized as a premier public school district in the state of Idaho, in which the students consistently score high on tests. Some of the awards that Lakeland Schools have received include the Accreditation with Merit Award, the A+ Excellence Award, and even the "What Parents Want" National Award. For students who are academically qualified, the Lakeland College Academy has been adopted at Lakeland High School, which gives these students the opportunity to complete one year of college before their graduation.
The North Idaho STEM Charter Academy, and the Kootenai Technical Education Campus, which offers vocational and technical education, are among the other programs available to Rathdrum, Idaho's students. Furthermore, higher education options are available only fifty miles away, both in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, as well as in Spokane, Washington.
Although Rathdrum, Idaho is a small town, there are many local attractions only minutes away. The Silverwood Theme Park, which is the Pacific Northwest's largest amusement park, offers over seventy rides, slides, shows, and attractions. The Boulder Beach Water Park, which is also part of the Silverwood Theme Park offers raft-rides, water slides, wave pools, and much more. Also minutes from the city of Rathdrum are the Twin Lakes Village Golf Course, an 18-hole public golf course, and The Links Golf Club, which offers a Scottish style. In addition to Rathdrum, Idaho's many historical buildings still standing, other historical sites include the Kootenai County Jail Museum, and the St. Stanislaus Church, Idaho's oldest brick church, which was built in 1901.